There is a reason why Kerala, a tiny state in south India, is called God’s own country. Blessed with unspoiled rivers, golden sand beaches, waterfalls, tea plantations and beautiful hills, it is every travelers dream come true. Here are some places that should definitely be a part of your Kerala itinerary-
- Cruise the Backwaters of Alleppey and Kumarakom in a house boat
2. Watch the Annual Snake boat race at Alleppey
3. Take a boat trip around the Periyar National Park, Thekkady
4. Stare in awe at the majestic Athirapally Waterfalls nicknamed the ‘Niagara of India’
Kerala is home to numerous other pristine waterfalls!
5. Experience the hills and lush tea plantations of Munnar
6. Visit the Kovalam beach and feel religious at the Padmanabhaswamy Temple at Trivandrum
7. Spot kingfishers at Poovar and enjoy the waves at Golden Sand Beach
8. Enjoy an Ayurvedic Massage in Thekkady
9. Sample the great seafood and Kerala cuisine
10. Finally, gather all the positive energy that Kerala fills you with!